Monday, October 15, 2012

1969 Post-Season Cards

1969 was the first season of divisional play, and Topps expanded their subset accordingly. Both '69 divisional series were 3-game sweeps, as the Orioles' and Mets' pitching easily overmatched their opponents.





The Mets went from last place to World Champions, winning the series with great pitching, timely hitting, and unbelievable outfield defense. They won it all in their 8th year of existence. Hey Pirates, who says rebuilding has to last forever?


The summary stats on the last card are so small as to be unreadable (even holding the card in your hand) so posting it sideways makes no difference.

1 comment:

Commishbob said...

The first two games of the O's-Twins series were the first post season games I ever saw in person. I went to the first game on a date set up by my aunt. The girl was the daughter of a friend of hers who I knew vaguely. Nothing ever came of it but we are still friends and she sends me Oriole related stuff from Baltimore from time to time.

The '69 Series is something I don't think I've ever fully recovered from. :-(